Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Blessings of Being Prepared

With everything that has happened on the east coast with Hurricane Sandy, I am SO GRATEFUL that I have peace of mind knowing that I am prepared for an emergency.

I became a consultant with Shelf Reliance in February of this year. I had been married just over one year then, and our food storage consisted of 2 cans of rice. While I know that 2 cans of rice is better than nothing, it was still unsettling. Since I became a consultant with Shelf Reliance, I have been able to not only build my own home storage, but help others build their food storage, and make money doing it! I have much more than rice now. I have freeze dried fruits, vegetables, meat, pasta, and baking essentials in my home store.

Before I learned about Shelf Reliance, I thought that food storage was expensive, and that we couldn't afford it. Now, I build my home store slowly, a month at a time, without breaking the bank. It has even saved me money, because I always have food on hand that doesn't spoil. It saves me worry and trips to the grocery store. It has been such a blessing to know that we are prepared. Even though I live in New Mexico, and we are not usually hit with natural disasters, it is comforting to know that if my husband becomes sick or loses his job, that we have a large amount of food to eat. I do not have to worry about ever going hungry.

I am so proud that I took the jump and began to build my home store. It has blessed me in ways that I never anticipated.

If you would like more information on building your own home store and being prepared for emergencies, leave me a comment or shoot me an email at claireotero@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment