Thursday, November 1, 2012

3 of the Scariest but Most Rewarding Things I Have Done

I am not a risk taker. I am about the farthest thing from it. I always play it safe and new things scare me. I am afraid to fail and afraid of things that I am not good at. I am starting a new job next week and while excited, have been reflecting on the past two years. In the past two years, I have done three things that scared me, or were very new experiences, but I could not be happier that I made the decision to jump in headfirst.

1. Marrying my wonderful husband. We have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, there's nobody who I would rather spend my time with (and tell my HILARIOUS jokes to).  Thanks for putting up with me babe :)

2. Fostering cats, and an occasional puppy. I didn't tell my husband that I was bringing home a kitten that day, luckily he loved that first kitten. Since then, we have fostered 13 cats and 2 puppies. It is not easy. We have lost 4 kittens along the way, but we gave them their best chance at life. We have saved them from living and dying in a shelter, and have helped them find homes. If you have ever thought of fostering I would say definitely go for it! It is SO great!

3. Starting my own business. I am not an outgoing person. I have never sold things in my life. However, Shelf Reliance has helped me become more self-reliant. It has pushed me to become better. I have learned so much about myself. No, I am not a millionaire (yet!!) but I have no regret!


So there you have it. Not much today. Just some things that were on my mind.
Happy November! (Can I put up my Christmas tree yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment